KBD Technic has the capability to solve the problems encountered with Industrial Ventilation Systems that:
- Are not performing to specification.
- Are not in balance, either at start-up or after operation.
- Have had branch ducts added, capped or removed.
- Have collectors, fans or other parts that have deteriorated since start-up.
- As-built conditions of duct system and equipment specifications.
- Computer generated system calculation sheets considering heat, moisture, elevation and duct static pressure.
- Calculation of the actual system losses and operating point.
- Measurement of existing conditions (volume, pressure, temperature, moisture).
- Comparison of actual conditions to the calculated base point.
- Recommendations to return the system to operating condition.
A system that is operating to specification may not meet the requirements to clean the plant air, protect workers or ventilate the process. In those cases, KBD has the expertise to:
- Evaluate hood design and capture of contaminants.
- Consider air balance issues such as the amount and distribution of make-up air.
- Consider process requirements such as mass, heat and moisture flow into the system.
- Recommend design changes such as ductwork size, fan speed and power, or the possibility of using dampers to redistribute air to needed areas.